This pandemic has indeed challenged us all to a great level. Our movements have been restricted. Resources limited. But we are putting in our best efforts to ensure that cancer patients throughout Malaysia are getting the care and support they need.
The Covid-19 pandemic may have brought many things to a halt, but not cancer. Studies have shown that cancer patients are at a higher risk of contracting the virus and should they do so, the outcome is far more serious – such as being ventilated, or even dying.
Now, more than ever – these patients need us. At NCSM, we continue to operate and have enhanced our services during this movement control order to ensure that each and every cancer patient gets the support they need.
1. Our healthcare professionals continue to consult and guide cancer patients to seek, start and complete treatment.
2. Our toll-free cancer helpline continues to help counsel patients and go beyond by providing letters to get them past roadblocks, reschedule appointments and even surgeries.
3. Our Children’s Home of Hope continues to enable patients from all over Malaysia receive treatment at the hospital while being housed in a safe and comfortable space with all essential amenities and most importantly, minimal risk exposure.
4. Our volunteers and well-wishers continue to support families of those living with cancer and who are financially down at this time by providing dry rations, foods and other needed items.
5. We are also donating medical equipment to our public hospitals including Personal Protective Equipment and other items.
In order for all of our efforts to go on, we have but our donors to thank. All of this is possible because of you. Your kind contribution has indeed made a difference to our organisation and aided in the well-being of cancer patients across Malaysia. We thank you for being with us and truly appreciate your continued support.
If you would like to support NCSM and cancer survivors as we brave through this challenging phase, please visit : cancer.org.my/donate