The types of treatment are varied based on the type of cancer and its staging. Every cancer treatment plan is unique; your treating oncologist might be prescribed a combination of treatments.
- A medical procedure or operation to remove the cancer cells
- Radiation therapy
- It uses high doses of radiation to kill cancer cells and shrink tumours
- It uses drugs to kill cancer cells
- It uses oneself immune system to fight cancer cell
- Targeted therapy
- It uses drug that targeting the specific proteins which help tumours grow and spread throughout the body
- Hormone therapy
- It uses medicine that regulates the hormones in your body to stop or slow down the growth of cancer cells.
- Stem cell transplant
- A procedure that restore blood-forming stem cells who have undergone high doses of chemo- and radiotherapy
- Precision medicine
- Clinical trails
- Is uses drug that targeting the genetic changes of tumour
- Refer to researches that involved volunteer human participants in examining effects of health-related intervention (e.g: screening, detection, treatment and management of diseases).