The NCSM Children’s Home of Hope provides accommodation for children with cancer.
Established in 1997, at the request of the Paediatric Department, Hospital Kuala Lumpur, this “home away from home” offers children a comfortable place to stay with their caregiver while undergoing cancer treatment at nearby hospitals. The family will be provided a room with a bed, wardrobe and air-conditioning; some rooms have attached bathrooms. The home has a common kitchen, a tv room, a playroom and a washing room equipped with washing machines.
How We Help Our Patients
- By charging a minimal rate, we enable more patients, especially the underprivileged and those from outstation to feel more comfortable and relaxed during their time of treatment, instead of being in a hospital environment all the time. Being a non-profit organisation, we are highly subsidised by the generous donation and support from the public.
- We are centrally located in Kuala Lumpur. The Home is of walking distance for patients and their caregivers to do follow up treatment at the Paediatric Department of Hospital Kuala Lumpur. It is also easily accessible by taxi or bus.
- The Home is run by a trained paediatric nurse who is very knowledgeable on the needs of oncology patients.
The Home has a total of 7 Rooms:
- Five (5) Standard Rooms which can accommodate 2 to 3 people. Patients can utilise the communal bathroom.
- Two (2) En-suite Rooms for patients with special needs (e.g. bone marrow transplant). It has an attached bathroom.
All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and families can enjoy the comforts of home including cooking and washing facilities.
Rates may range from RM10 – RM5 per day, depending on length of stay and family welfare.
The Home receives approximately 10 – 15 patients a month, who stay at varying lengths of time. The average duration of stay is 1 week for general patients, and 1 month to 6 weeks for bone marrow patients.
How To Make An Appointment
We only accept children cases referred from the Paediatric Department of Hospital Kuala Lumpur or any other government hospitals or clinics.
Please bring your:
- IC or Passport
- Referral letter
Location and Operation Hours
This centre is open 24 hours from Monday to Sunday.
NCSM Children’s Home of Hope
4th Floor, No. 66 Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz,
50300 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: + 603-26981676