By using National Cancer Society of Malaysia (www.cancer.org.my), hereinafter known as NCSM, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- You are not allowed to change, adapt NCSM or modify another website that falsely implies an association with www.cancer.org.my
- NCSM reserves the right to modify or terminate the service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- NCSM reserves the right to refuse the usage of the website and its services to anyone for any reason at any time.
- While we disallow certain conduct and content on the site, you understand and agree that NCSM and its associated companies will not be held responsible for contents, images, videos and comments uploaded, submitted, posted or displayed on the site. You agree that you are exposed to such materials and that you use this site and its services at your own risk.
- You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold for content, images, videos and comments that you upload, submit, post or display under your account on NCSM. You understand and agree to give NCSM and its associated companies a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content, images, videos and comments that is uploaded, submitted, posted or displayed under your account on NCSM.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL TOGETHER FOR CANCER, ITS ASSOCIATED COMPANIES, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, IMAGES, VIDEOS, COMMENTS (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE TOGETHER FOR CANCER WEBSITE, (III) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (IV) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, IMAGES, VIDEO, COMMENTS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, IMAGES, VIDEOS, COMMENTS UPLOADED, SUBMITTED, POSTED, DISPLAYED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE DINK-A-THOT WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
What we collect?
Information we collect from visitors
Visitors to each of the NCSM website can access the Together For Cancer home page, and browse some areas of the NCSM site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. We do track information provided to us by your browser, including the Web site you came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. NCSM and its associated companies may use Web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information.
Information Collected Upon Registration
If you want to have access to some sections and services of the NCSM website, you will be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to NCSM. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up to be a member of NCSM, or if you desire to receive marketing materials and information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your IP address, full user name, password, email address and date of birth. Your full user name and your photo, if you decide to upload one, are displayed to on the NCSM website to enable you to connect with other visitors and members, as specified in your privacy settings. Once a member, you may provide additional information in the profile section, including but not limited to your bio, your location, as well as your personal web site, if you have one.
Use of Contact Information
We may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about our products and services, including but not limited to the NCSM website, its associated companies and advertisers on the NCSM website. If you do not wish to receive these updates, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in your profile.
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and of our Service, and for the Site technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of the Terms of Service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We engage certain trusted third parties for functions and services including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management. We share your personally identifiable information with these parties, but only for the need to perform these functions and provide such services, and with binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we have reason to believe it is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of NCSM, its associated companies or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We place high levels in the safeguarding of your personally identifiable information. We use administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the fastest time, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Websites
We may put links to websites as we see fit. These websites could be our partners or advertisers but should you provide personally identifiable information to these sites, via the link from NCSM, we do not have control over the information you provided.