The NCSM Cancer Treatment Centre provides radiation treatment to cancer patients.
Set up in 1989, the centre provides radiotherapy, chemotherapy, hormone therapy and high dose brachytherapy to treat cancer patients. The Centre is equipped with:
- Two (2) linac machines for external radiation treatment.
- One (1) brachytherapy HDR unit for internal radiation treatment.
- One (1) digital simulator to produce clearer images than a conventional simulator. This will provide better accuracy and less radiation dosage to patients.
- One (1) computer planning system.
How We Help Our Patients
- By providing chemotherapy and radiotherapy / brachytherapy treatment under one roof, our patients are able to undergo treatment comfortably and do not have to travel around.
- Our rates are minimal and highly subsidised – this means more people are able to receive treatment, increasing the chances of cancer survival.
- We have little or no waiting list policy, which means patients can begin treatment usually on the same day after consulting our oncologists and completing the necessary investigations. Those who need a more complicated treatment method will start their treatment on the next day.
- We have 2 linear accelerators which means the possibility of machine breakdowns that causes treatment delays or cancellations are reduced.
- Our warm and friendly staff will make you feel at ease. Language is not a barrier as our staff are multilingual. Patients who are referred to this centre come from all over the world such as Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Middle East and Australia.
- High Dose Brachytherapy
- Hormone therapy
- Radiotherapy charges according to site*:
- Head and neck cancers – RM 3,600 to RM 4,200
- Breast tumours – RM 3,700 to RM 4,500
- Pelvic region tumours – RM 3,800 to RM 4,800
- Palliative treatments – RM 1,400 to RM 1,800
- Brachytherapy charges according to number of fractions*:
- Head and neck cancer – RM 3,000 – RM 4,000
- Pelvic region tumours – RM 3,000 – RM 4,000
- For External Beam Radiation Therapy (Radical treatment) :
- RM 3,200-RM 4,800 (depends on doctor’s prescription)
4. For External Beam Radiation Therapy (Palliative treatment) :
- RM 1,600-2,500. (depends on doctor’s prescription)
5. For Brachytherapy : RM3,600-6,000 (depends on doctor’s prescription)
- For Chemotherapy Day Care Unit : RM 50-100/usage (depends on the frequency of administration)
Note : The above charges does not include : Consultant’s fees , ward charges , medications.
Do contact if need more details on this.
* Rates quoted are not inclusive of doctor’s fee, chemotherapy, hormone therapy & medication.
How To Make an Appointment
You may Walk-in to the centre or Call us to make an appointment
Please bring your:
- IC or Passport
- Referral letter (if any)
- Diagnostic history and results (x-ray, CT scans, MRI scans, etc.), if any
Location and Operation Hours
The Centre is open from Monday to Friday, 8.00am till 4.00pm.
NCSM Cancer Treatment Centre
Tung Shin Hospital
Basement, 102 Jalan Pudu
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2072 8150 or +603 – 232 1655 (ext 202)
Fax: +603 – 2072 8278